Just like it is in dating, the first 15 seconds can make or break your chance of a buyer liking your house.
Curb appeal is vital.
Start by standing across the street from the house. What do you see? Be objective.
- Is your lawn neatly trimmed and edged, or is it possible your neighbors lost Pekingese is actually hiding beneath those long blades of grass that are gently waving in the breeze?
- Add some color with flowers. Not a horticulturist? Not a problem. Buy a potted flowering plant that doesn’t need care (as long as Mother Nature rains a little) like a begonia, petunias or pansies.
- Flowering plants are a great way to liven up a condo balcony, or put them on either side of the front door to frame it. Think of the front door as your initial smile on a first date – it should gleam.
- Now’s the time for a fresh coat of paint.
- Lastly, make sure your doorbell works.